Frodo has been out for a couple of weeks now and until now we weren’t entirely encouraging all of our visitors to rush their transition into the newly upgraded stable version of XBMC because of issues relating to addon compatibility and possible glitches with some of our more popular software tools. We’re now very pleased to say that after a few weeks of testing, we can comfortably encourage all of you to upgrade to the latest version of XBMC.
THE TIME HAS COME TO UPGRADE TO FRODO 12, HERE’S THE EASY WAY!
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is always best to entirely erase your configuration and restart from scratch especially if your XBMC experience relies mostly on third party addons. Uninstalling entirely and installing the latest version from scratch will ensure that your installation works optimally, giving you the best end user experience possible. We have a guide on Uninstalling XBMC and you are encouraged to read it as it’s not always as simple as just deleting the program, depending on your platform. Apple TV users are encouraged to re-jailbreak their devices from scratch
iPad & iPhone Users
1. Upgrade to the latest iOS 6.1 Firmware for your device using iTunes.
2. Jailbreak your iDevice using the evasi0n jailbreak application for Mac or Windows.
3. Install XBMC on your iDevice using Cydia.
4. Launch and Exit the XBMC Application Once.
5. Search for OpenSSH within Cydia and then Install it.
6. Run “Configure iPad/iPhone” using XBMCHUB Wizard for Mac or Windows.
7. Uninstall OpenSSH from Cydia.
Apple TV 2 Users
1. Re-Jailbreak your Device from Scratch.
2. Install XBMC using the nito Installer for Mac or Windows.
3. Launch and Exit the XBMC Application Once.
4. Run “Configure AppleTV2″ using the XBMC HUB Wizard for Mac or Windows.
1. Enable Unknown Sources on your Device within Settings under Security.
2. Visit this page using your Android device’s Web Browser.
3. Download and Install the MX Player Free App for NEON Devices or Non-NEON Devices.
4. Download and Install the XAF Custom Build of XBMC for Android (device specific) for NEON Touchscreen, NEON Set Top Box, or for Non-NEON Touchscreen devices.
Raspberry Pi Users
1. Install XBMC using our XPi Installer for Mac, while Windows Users should use the XBian Installer or Raspbmc Installer for Windows depending on which version they’d prefer.
2. Use the Fusion Installer to Add your Desired Addons and Repositories.
Apple TV 1 Users
Pivos XIOS DS Users
Congratulations! Out with the old and in with the new, except in the case of your spouse that is. Please do us the favour of spreading the word about XBMC and our site, we’re trying to make it easier and easier so that more and more people will use it, it’s all free the least you can do is tell your friends, family and coworkers about us, every last one of them. Please visit our Forums for further assistance and discussion!