• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
    Thanks

[RELEASE] WatchSeries (Major Update/Repository)

All,

I have created a new repository that houses the watchseries.eu addon. I set it up so that I could auto-update the plugin (I got the repo working before I realized I could do it directly in the plugin without a repo).

It can be downloaded from https://github.com/downloads/mscreat...ions-1.0.0.zip

After installing, you may need to reinstall watchseries.eu from the repository. I'm not sure if XBMC will auto-update a manually installed addon or not.

Anyways, I made a bunch of changes to this version. Which are as follows:

Version 2.0.1

- Fixed Genre display
    - Changed version to major.minor.revision setup
    - First official *new* re-release

Version 0.2.0

- Handle unavailable sources gracefully
    - Tell user if no hosts found rather than going to blank window
    - [Optional] Add percentage after host. This is from watchseries.eu directly
    - [Optional] Display fanart from theTVDB.com
    - Added Search functionality
    - Fixed so it retrieves all the links. Not just the first 20.

For any issues, leave a post here or you can post an issue on github

Thanks & Enjoy

mscreations
    Last edited by mscreations; 08-18-2012 at 08:07 PM. Reason: fixed github link

Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks
    Nice work/takeover. And quick support.. Thanks! (:
    Last edited by tuxen; 08-18-2012 at 08:51 PM.
    | ..my middle name is edit ..not english | read this first | search |
    -
    CLICK TO DONATE - help me save up for the next beer.
    my help and knowledge gained from it will go directly back into our community.

Team XBMC HUB Dev/Mod
    Thanks
    Fyi it will auto update if the version number is higher. This is true even from a different repository

Thanks
    Great improvements!

Thanks
    My watch series still says under repair do I have to re download anything or will it start working already please help new to this

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FROMQNS2LI View Post
    My watch series still says under repair do I have to re download anything or will it start working already please help new to this
    Hmm. This is a new one for me.

I would try to either uninstall the watchseries plugin and reinstall it from the new repository. Are you using the original plugin from rogerthis (version 0.1.2)? I don't remember the plugin ever saying it was broken or under repair.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bstrdsmkr View Post
    Fyi it will auto update if the version number is higher. This is true even from a different repository
    This is good to know. I hadn't even tried it because both my Apple TV and my computer were already running somewhat updated versions that were using the repo. They updated on their own perfectly OK.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FROMQNS2LI View Post
    I just downloaded from the link, installed on xbmc, and it works fine

Thanks
    The Metadata is not showing up with the new update. I did go into settings and made sure it was highlighted.is it supposed to work yet?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maddnuz View Post
    The Metadata is not showing up with the new update. I did go into settings and made sure it was highlighted.is it supposed to work yet?
    On most of my systems, it usually takes it a second or two for artwork to show up. The artwork only shows up at the season and episode levels though at the moment. I'm still trying to get it to the show level. That is proving to be trickier because I don't have a good IMDB id to work with and searching by show name is far from accurate.

As for the show info, it's showing up for me when I press 'I' on the keyboard (center button on Apple Remote for Apple TV users). Right now the only metadata being pulled is the episode overview. I'm still working on adding in other information such as actors and what not, but I had been having speed issues when trying to get too much information (episode listings were taking forever to load...). The season level also doesn't have any metadata other than fanart and the season icon. The show level doesn't have anything for the same reasons as above. I'm still working on it though. It was acting fairly stable though and I felt that it was good enough to push out to everyone for the time being until I can get those issues corrected.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast