• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Thanks

G-Box MX2 Buffering

I'm having a heck of a time here, and I've searched but have come up with nothing that has worked. If you guys have any idea or link, I'd be very appreciative.

I purchased a G-box MX2 with XBMC. I like it so far, for the price, but I've had nothing but troubles watching video. My wife streams video almost flawlessly, but the second I try to watch a video that's saved on my Windows 7 box attached to my network, I get a buffer every 20-30 seconds. I've tried changing the registry settings on the PC, and I've changed my sharing from a standard homegroup to a workgroup, but keep having the same issues. I'm about to send the Gbox back and ask for a refund.

Am I missing a very easy fix, or is this a common issue? I just want to be able to watch the videos I've saved on my PC on my living room TV.

For some background info, I have the Gbox MX2, just ordered it, so it has the most up to date firmware. I'm running on a Linksys E3000 router, and everything is hardwired. My PC is running Windows 7, has plenty of RAM and plenty of processing power. On paper, I don't think I should be having problems. After being an IT, I realize that means absolutely nothing in the real world.

Please help me. I want to watch Zombieland with my wife.
    Last edited by almost enough; 07-25-2013 at 02:18 AM.