• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Cannot install XBMC XAF 12.1 -can anyone help please ?

Hi.

I have successfully installed the official xbmc xaf 12.1 build on the following neon devices using MX player using the hub recommended software though I wasn't certain what to set MX player to- h/w , h/w+ or s/w. Picking the right combination of these is like winning winning the lottery.

Chinese tablet -Android 4.2 - RK3066 chipset-
    MK809 mini pc - Android 4.1 - RK3066 chipset.

Both these installed fine and ran from 1st boot up.

I have now spent almost 6 hours trying to install it on a Android 4.1.1 tablet also with RK3066 chipset.

Every time, on its 1st run, the white bar travels almost to the far right hand end and then a message comes up- Unfortunately XBMC has stopped.

i have repeatedly cleared the XBMC cache in settings and repeatedly tried to achieve a succesful 1st run but couldn,t do it.

All I can think is this configuration doesn't like MX player but there is a "root" folder on this latest tablet and I am not an expert but suspect that of all the devices I have done it on, this is the only rooted one but if it is, I don't know if this is an issue.

I am aware of another custom build as follows

xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-01-16-full-neon-xaf-touch-8fa3e93254bbd35996f2cdcd72db99ec04fe32cc.apk (66.7 MB)

I have tried this also but won't work.

I am near to desperate and would appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

Thanks
    Firstly without a log it's hard to guess - presumably there is one, even if not debug, because xbmc has stopped rather than failed to start.
    Second - I tried the xaf frodo non-neon stable build on my tegra-2 tab and it gave the same symptoms. I tried a vanilla (non-xaf) build and it installed, might be worth at least seeing if this works.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advice. I will try debugging.

Do you have the link to download the vanilla version please, there appear to be several builds.

Thanks again.

Thanks
    No, 'cos my tab's a non-neon. There's a thread about vanilla builds in the forum at xbmcandroid.com, I looked in that and took it from there - used the latest non-neon vanilla I could find.

Thanks
    Thanks anyway.

Tried usb debugging but didn't help.

Retired Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks
    Can I ask if you have tried the latest XBMC STABLE releases? or the nightlies with libstagefright?

Renders our XAF stuff un needed.

Thanks
    Thanks for your reply.

I have tried the official XAF neon 12.1 build- wouldn't work.

I have tried one custom build but wouldn't work.

I have just installed another custom build and it is just about working .

xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2013-04-08-full-neon-161ee9ac653c596bf2c12c233e3405d409bd81ed.apk

This is a gotham build I think

It is very slow, needs repeated force refresh but main problem is having downloaded Fusion, although I can install with difficulty superrepo repositories under xpert advanced, any attempt to install the hubwizard crashes XBMC and then I lose Fusion completely so I can't install the pirate channels easily.

This build is the 1st one I have managed to install but it is limping already and is not a long term solution.

I have read about libstagefright but haven't had the courage to try and download it even if I could find it.

I have spent a whols day of my life on this and hope you are my saviour !!

Thanks
    Hi UmOuch

I took your advice and had some success.

The May latest standard build would not install but the latest nightly build 20130821-dc0edf0 installed and opened seamlessly.

It seems to navigate at normal speed but there are no addons whatsover with it.

When I click get addons> xbmc.org addons, the folder is empty and I can't force refresh on xbmc.org addons.

I have tried using the fusion installer and that also is empty.

When I try to install a single downloaded zip file and click on the sd card folder in root, it won't open my external sd card.

In short I appear to have a perfectly stable version which is incapable of accepting any addons unless I am doing something wrong.

I cannot contemplate downloading the official 500 xbmc addons one by one apart from any addons elsewhere. It would take too long.

Can you help me please ?
    Last edited by sac3210; 08-22-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks
    Have you tried downloading the hubwizard through fusion, guide here

Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I already have fusion installed but when I try to open it via "install via zip file", it is empty and I cannot force refresh on the fusion folder.
    I can't therefore access the hubwizard.

Thanks anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast