• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Thanks

Stream torrent addon

With the College Football season now upon us and the NFL just around the corner I was wondering if someone would be willing to put together an addon around stream torrent, while I have the stream torrent aplication on one of my windows pc' s I would kill for stream torrent from within xbmc, but alas I cant code for shit and I humbly ask for any assistance regarding this matter. I believe that it would be a great addition to xbmc and am willing to help in any way that I can. Thanks all.

Retired Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks
    Have you looked into what the flurk add on? Sports devil? NaviX? Veetle?

Thanks
    Sportsdevil doesn't play anything stream torrent, but I agree with what LiquidMercury is requesting, it would be a big help if the Sportsdevil add-on did have stream torrent on it, this is the reason FirstRow and all the other channels don't work, the only section that works is VipBox, and only when the links are for TVbay, which is still a big help, and thanks for the person who got that working for us! I vote for stream torrent as well!

Thanks

Re: Stream torrent addon

Correct no torrent streaming, just potential sports solutions in the meantime.

Thanks
    yeah I have looked into those, been following and using sports devil for quite a while, it actually uses the freetocast addon as well as veetle to play more streams, kicked around navi-x as well. Just figured I would propose a stream torrent addon due to the number of stream torrent links that come up from sports devil. The most recent update of the addon requires an update of librtmp.

Retired
    Thanks
    Well if you or anyone else is experienced in coding plugins with "bitstreaming" in them, I suggest someone put this out then share the algorithm with everyone else! Plugins and scripts would love nothing more than bitstreaming capabilities but last I checked it either isn't possible in XBMC or nobody with the skill has even considered working on this.

It's definitely the thing to fix the problem of streaming from single sources, but is probably beyond our reach with coding limitations on XBMC.

iRoNBiLL

Thanks
    iRoNBiLL... I am wonder ing if what the flurk and.or easynews are torrent streamers? I don't know for sure as I do not currently have accounts for either. I will check into it. If they are, I will point the appropriate devs to this.

Thanks
    well now, I haven't really looked at stream torrent, but if it had an api you could write an application to interface with it and and provide the content to a file which could then be played through XBMC. Similar to the old transcoding programs for the xbox 360. Would be a lot smaller task to tackle then to tackle it for XBMC, especially as most of the addon developers don't program for the main xbmc.

I wrote a similar program before the advent of streaming which allowed a user go to mytvrss.com and enter the TV shows they liked. The program would connect to a torrent site and constantly scan both the RSS feed and the site when it found a match it would automatically download the TV show to my hard drive. I had that running on my PC upstairs and had xbmc running on my xbox to watch the shows on my TV.

In fact that's kinda how I got into addon development. I love trying to mimic a user navigating through a websites in order to get information out of it. I used to do it in both java and c#, I only really took up Python 2 years ago.

Retired
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by umOuch[INKMD] View Post
    iRoNBiLL... I am wonder ing if what the flurk and.or easynews are torrent streamers? I don't know for sure as I do not currently have accounts for either. I will check into it. If they are, I will point the appropriate devs to this.
    I know it's typically not good to quote Wikipedia, but I'm about to do it.

Bitstream \ Bitstreaming - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitstream

A buddy of mine told me about bitstreaming before. The whole idea is basically "torrent downloading + in a sequence from start to finish" when playing videos. He was working on a product that effectively shares content with everyone else who would have owned this device and how it would work is basically, anyone could stream from anyone who had this device, but the more people who had it, the less likely the video stream would buffer The file streamed bits would be downloaded in order, from start to finish, not in whatever chunks of data that were available, in an attempt to create a seemless stream that would playback from start to finish... multiple peers for JUST video streaming via http. Cool stuff ya?

I don't think his dream ever panned out, but from my understanding, looking up libraries to integrate into XBMC for torrent indexing and download structuring, I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to do bitstreaming at all. It just requires a bunch of peers to do it... plus the torrent on XBMC part... good luck!

iRoNBiLL

Team XBMC HUB Dev/Mod
    Thanks
    Looks like there's this: https://github.com/joshsziegler/AutonomoTorrent

That could be packaged into a script module and should run anywhere xbmc does.

@umouch, those are torrent proxies rather than torrent streamers. They download the torrent server side, then just stream the file to the client. Streamtorrent, the program the OP is referring to skips the server and just grabs the bits the player requests.

@ironbill, you can reduce the reliance on peers using web seeds: http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/what-a...ittorrent.html

This could be very doable within xbmc. I just prefer newsgroups