• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Navi-X not working

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and am not a techie. I jailbroke a few ATV2s and am now coming up against a persistent problem that has not only not gone away, but has gotten progressively worse. A techie friend of mine who taught me how to jailbreak has washed his hands of the whole matter.

The issue is: Navi-X hardly works any more. I realise this isn't XBMC's problem, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one encountering this. It seemed to start right around the time Apple briefly stopped signing 5.0.2 but seemed to get worse when I installed Wizard.

Symptoms are: at all times of day and night, any day of the week, Navi-X no longer does what it did. Sometimes I'm lucky to even be able to access Navi-X -- I get the dreaded "Cannot open file" error. But now, even if I am able to get in to Navi-X, trying to access all the channels is almost impossible. No matter how many restarts, no matter which box I use, I keep getting the "Cannot open file" error. This now occurs on searches, on anything I do. It's either that, or the interminable "Please wait . . ." which often just ends in the "Cannot open file" error anyway.

Most of the folders in the "TV Shows" and "Movies" folders are now generic or take a long time to load their icons, but it doesn't matter; when I try to open them I get the "Cannot open file" error.

I'm worried about all the people who've bought the ATVs from me -- is this happening to them as well? It's almost guaranteed to be an exercise in frustration to use the ATV these days.

Is this happening to me, or to everyone? Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know if there is a fix in sight, or even if anyone is working on this?

Just curious . . .

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakiri View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and am not a techie. I jailbroke a few ATV2s and am now coming up against a persistent problem that has not only not gone away, but has gotten progressively worse. A techie friend of mine who taught me how to jailbreak has washed his hands of the whole matter.

The issue is: Navi-X hardly works any more. I realise this isn't XBMC's problem, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one encountering this. It seemed to start right around the time Apple briefly stopped signing 5.0.2 but seemed to get worse when I installed Wizard.

Symptoms are: at all times of day and night, any day of the week, Navi-X no longer does what it did. Sometimes I'm lucky to even be able to access Navi-X -- I get the dreaded "Cannot open file" error. But now, even if I am able to get in to Navi-X, trying to access all the channels is almost impossible. No matter how many restarts, no matter which box I use, I keep getting the "Cannot open file" error. This now occurs on searches, on anything I do. It's either that, or the interminable "Please wait . . ." which often just ends in the "Cannot open file" error anyway.

Most of the folders in the "TV Shows" and "Movies" folders are now generic or take a long time to load their icons, but it doesn't matter; when I try to open them I get the "Cannot open file" error.

I'm worried about all the people who've bought the ATVs from me -- is this happening to them as well? It's almost guaranteed to be an exercise in frustration to use the ATV these days.

Is this happening to me, or to everyone? Does anyone know what's going on? Does anyone know if there is a fix in sight, or even if anyone is working on this?

Just curious . . .
    I had this exact same problem in Navi-X Everything you described I went through AFTER installing XBMCHUB Wizard Edition.
    I had to revert back to my previously installed XBMC (not wizard edition) for Navi-X and other plugin problems to be corrected.

Thanks
    Okay, I just did a re-jailbreak of my entire box back to the pre-Wizard configuration and it's exactly the same as before.

Generic folders instead of icons. The first time I tried to open "Navi-X Media Portal" I got the "Cannot open file" error. Tried it again. It opened, with all generic icons, and very slowly. Went to Movies, all generic icons. Went to VeeHD, got "Cannot open file." Went back, tried to open "Navi-X Media Portal" again, got a long "Please wait . . ." and then again the "Cannot open file."

I'm apparently running Navi-X 3.7.5. Could that have something to do with it? If so, how do I download and install a different, working version?

My thanks in advance.

Thanks
    As a side note, the only way I seem to be able to actually have access to the various folders in the Media Portal;s "TV Shows" and "Movies" folders is through the "Search Navi-X" folder, where all the various channels are listed. Then, I seem to be able to do a search that works. But things are not supposed to be this way. I can't expect my customers to be having these issues. I'm really surprised there isn't a bigger stink about this, and that this is pretty much the only place I can actually find any reference to the issue, which returns me to my concern that this is only happening to me. That would be very good, in a way, but still very bad . . . it seems that seemingly overnight, everything just went to hell.

Any thoughts? Also, the fact that I've only received one reply (thanks!! I was going to eventually do what you suggested anyway, but thanks -- at least it was a concrete suggestion for a solution) is in itself worrisome. Either not many people use Navi-X much or this is simply not happening to many people. I'd just like to know how widespread this is. I'm in Montreal.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kamakiri View Post
    Okay, I just did a re-jailbreak of my entire box back to the pre-Wizard configuration and it's exactly the same as before.

Generic folders instead of icons. The first time I tried to open "Navi-X Media Portal" I got the "Cannot open file" error. Tried it again. It opened, with all generic icons, and very slowly. Went to Movies, all generic icons. Went to VeeHD, got "Cannot open file." Went back, tried to open "Navi-X Media Portal" again, got a long "Please wait . . ." and then again the "Cannot open file."

I'm apparently running Navi-X 3.7.5. Could that have something to do with it? If so, how do I download and install a different, working version?

My thanks in advance.
    The most current update for Navi-X is 3.7.6. Update it. Launch Navi-X scroll down to Navi-X updates and run the latest script. However I don't think this is the problem. Update and see what happens.

I suggest you revert back to the original XBMC. Theres not need to re-jailbreak your device. If your using a Mac use Cyberduck to remove the xbmc.old.log and XBMC.old folder. Also you may want to clean out all the plugins you have there as it may start to take up flash storage space.

Thanks
    @kamakiri On a side note have you noticed shortcut icons under the Video menu to disappear once you have lunched the plugin from the shortcut icon?

Just curious...

Thanks
    I did revert to the old XBMC (ie. not Wizard). It's the one I've always used.

Worrisome echoes of our problem at https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/real...avi-X?q=Navi-X

I'll see what I can do to update Navi-X . . . but I'm afraid of breaking something!!

Thanks
    I have no shortcut icons under the Video menu (I did when I was running Wizard, but now nothing. I go to the Addons section and I find all the addons that I installed there, but no shortcut icons.)

Thanks
    Okay, I updated the script. It now shows Navi-X 3.7.6. But there is no difference whatsoever.

Thanks
    What I do notice is that when I enter Navi-x, at first, I just get all generic folder icons. Then, after a long while, the Navi-X Networks folder (just that one) turns into an icon. The rest remain generic. The "Most-viewed 24 hours" folder, which used to work all the time, now never works. Just "Cannot open file . . ."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast