• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Apple TV 2 XBMC Help - "Cache Full Message"

Hey Everyone,

So I recently purchased an Apple TV 2 from a friend and I used SeasonPass to Jailbreak the device on OS 5.0.2.
    I was able to successfully install XBMC Eden 11.0 on my device, however I seem to be running into a problem
    Yesterday was the first time I watched a TV episode from ice-films a video add-on that works great. It worked flawlessly, no pauses, freezes, etc...nothing.
    However, today when I got back home, I decided to watch another TV episode from my ice-films add on.
    Now, it takes forever to buffer, at least 5-10 mins, and once it starts playing I get this message:

Cache Full.
    Cache filled before reaching the required amount for continuous playback.

It does this continuously. It plays the episode for a min. Stops, buffers for a long time, then plays another minute.

I've tried unplugging and re-plugging my apple TV. I've tried restarting it from the settings. Nothing is working,

If anyone has a solution for this i'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
    I am fairly new to this but I am also using an ATV2 and buffering was a problem for me also. I have found that it depends on the sources you choose for what you watch, sockshare and putlocker seem to work the best for me, gorrilavid, novamov, and movpod would be next. I find that if a link is taking too long to buffer I will try another one instead of wait out the constant buffering. I don't use icefilms that much 1channel is my goto for both movies and tv shows, tubeplus would be my next choice after 1channel but that is just me. As far as clearing the cache I had to delete the contents of the folders in 2 places:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/LocalAndRental

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/AppleTV/Video/Other

I still get buffering on some streams and the "cache filled before reaching required amount" popup but it usually plays through without stopping again after the first time. Like I said I am new to this also and this is info that I found perusing these forums so I am by no means an expert on the subject but it did improve my xbmc experience. Good Luck

Thanks
    How did you delete the contents in the folders?
    I have been able to ssh into the device and enter the IP address, root and password (alpine).
    What do you do at this point? How do you get to those folders in order to delete the contents?
    Thanks

Banned
    Thanks

Are you using winscp

I think your using putty

Winscp is an explorer interface

Thanks
    I am indeed using putty, I'll give winscp a go this evening.
    Thanks for the help!

Thanks

Does reboot of Apple TV clear the cache?

Quote Originally Posted by jbizzy View Post
    I am indeed using putty, I'll give winscp a go this evening.
    Thanks for the help!
    Just wondering whether a re-boot of the Apple tv unit works the same as some other systems and clears the cache when the system is re-booted.

I have BT infinity fibre to the home working at 70mb/s so pretty sure that even if its getting throttled there is still plenty of bandwidth to not cause buffering - so the feed must be very slow. What I would really like to do is increase the buffer size - then I could leave it buffering for 15 minutes or more and then watch without continuously being interupted. I have been watching the series True blood. Every now and then put locker is available and the video runs without a hitch but most of the time when using any of the other providers the film runs for a maximum of 10 minutes before buffering.

Thanks
    I believe rebooting the ATV2 just resets the RAM. I am way into trueblood and watched it on 1channel and remember not a lot of putlocker or sockshare links but I want to say novamov and vidbux were decent. I know navix has a lot of trueblood on it and they seem to have faster streams. Tubeplus, watchseries are other places to look for links. Don't know about Awesomedl but I have been using it recently for The Voice and Bob's Burgers and have been very impressed with its links. Basically I found that if the feed was buffering too long I would try another one rather than deal with waiting 15 minutes for it to buffer, you can usually see how fast it is buffering percentage wise and gauge if its worth it or not. I am pretty patient but I would say I never wait 15 minutes for it to buffer more likely less than 10 mins. I am using an ATV2 also JSYK.

Thanks
    the Best way to fix this issue is to disable pulling info about movies and TV shows since AppleTV 2 giving you limited space for total XBMC and ATV 2 only have 8 GIG of space... then you will never go through this problem anymore...

Thanks
    Guys, there is an easy way ... the cache files have names starting with CachedMedia ... so what I do is,

SSH to Apple TV2 with root/alpine and then true command to find files.

find / -name CachedMedia* -print

If above command gives you list of cache files with those names. You can delete them one by one. I enhance the same command to delete them in single go,

find / -name CachedMedia* -print -exec rm {} \;

Run the command with caution. if you make mistake, it may delete wrong set of files.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xctechs View Post
    the Best way to fix this issue is to disable pulling info about movies and TV shows since AppleTV 2 giving you limited space for total XBMC and ATV 2 only have 8 GIG of space... then you will never go through this problem anymore...

Is that through the plugin configure settings?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast