• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Setting up a Download Folder

I went to icefilms and clicked on the menu button for 3 sec to bring up the settings. I went to download and selected a shared folder on my home pc, hit ok and made sure that was saved correctly. Then went to a show and and did the same thing hold the menu button down for 3 sec to get the selections, stream, download and or download and watch. Selected Download and watch and it all started to propagate into motion. But after everything is said please configure your download folder...blah blah. So how do I fix this rather embarrassing problem?

Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks
    Who is embarrassed by it?

Since you are using an ATV, currently addons are not able to write files to network shares... we may have found a way and will be giving it a try soon

Thanks
    Heee heee I feel like such a noob all the time...

In ATV can you actually download internally?

Thanks
    Tried to save into the library but it crashed as usual...

Retired Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks
    yes you can download internally on an ATV2. I have not tried with iceFilms yet, as I would blow up my machine due to the fact that iceFilms makes me download crazy (;

I would say, if eldorado thinks they may have a fix... give them the time to figure it out. In the meantime... stream my HUB'ish friend, Stream!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyman View Post
    Tried to save into the library but it crashed as usual...
    Into the library? Where exactly? You need to start giving us a debug log if you want further help..

If you want files from Icefilms to download automatically, go into the addon settings, miscellaneous, change the Default Play Action to Download... now when you click on a source it will go right to downloading

Thanks
    You should be able to just download to your home folder. Not much space though.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eldorado View Post
    Who is embarrassed by it?

Since you are using an ATV, currently addons are not able to write files to network shares... we may have found a way and will be giving it a try soon
    XBMC Subtitles dl the .srt subtitles to my nas! I actually was just testing this earlier this week (before links started disappearing from icefilms) and I could never get it to write to my atv2s home folder, perhaps I was doing something wrong or possible not enough space? Idk... but I thought it was pretty straight forward and still couldnt figure it out.. A tutorial for this feature would be nice
    Last edited by Alwaysbless; 05-16-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    SHE NEEDED A HIT, SO I SOLD IT YOUR MUTHA

Team XBMC HUB Dev/Mod
    Thanks
    No tutorial, haven't nailed it down yet. Long story short, all the internal xbmc functions for translating paths across platforms aren't working the same. It's a process of poking and proding and documenting what does and does not work.

Thanks
    I just set the path to home folder/library and then chose a movie and selected download from the source, XMBC automatically named folder Movies in the library folder and then a folder in that with the name of the actual film, and downloaded file in that! Would be really great if I would be able to save to external drive thats connected to my router! By the way, I added that movie folder as a source in file manager and it says that folder has 5.5gb of space and downloaded movie took up around 1.1gb so still 4.3gb left....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast