• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Question Windows 7 and XMBC Hub Wizard

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and appreciate everyone's hard work. I installed XBMC for windows on my pc and added channels etc. I then installed it on my laptop and tried the wizard. The problem is the wizard just sits and spins and never does complete. I am going to try to uninstall XBMC and reinstall, but has anyone ever run into this yet.?

Retired Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks

Windows 7 and XMBC Hub Wizard

How long is forever? Just curious.

Thanks
    well it is not really forever as after 30 mins, 2 hours, and 3 hours I have given up for now. Would really like the wizard to work as people have good comments of the outcome, but it just is not working. I have tried the uninstall and reinstall and still not working. As far as the instructions go it should be straight forward and easy. don't know.

Thanks
    Hi all, I've decided to join the XBMC world and so far enjoying it... but I too am facing an issue with the Wizard.
    I have installed/re-installed the wizard multiple times and still, to no avail.
    When I click configure this PC, its about 4 or 5 mins before I receive the red circle with a line through it, indicating that has not configured properly. I have rebooted upon uninstalling aswell as re-installing. and yet I get the same result.
    Last edited by kinekt; 12-31-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Retired Team XBMCHUB.COM Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Windows 7 and XMBC Hub Wizard

Have you all started with an empty installation if XBMC on windows? Or, by chance, did you already have multiple addons reinstalled? There should be no need to rei stall the wizard... But instead, uninstall XBMC and in the uninstall process you will see an option to remove a folder as well... Select yes. Install xbmc, open once, close... And run wizard... Also, make sure you were not installing over FRODO!

Thanks
    I have done exactly to a T what you described and no I am not installing over FRODO as i have never installed it....I have installed EDEN v11.0....I selected Full upon installation should have selected minimal or custom instead?
    I am still getting the error after about 4-5 minutes....I am truly sorry for this inconvenience.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rsn0987 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and appreciate everyone's hard work. I installed XBMC for windows on my pc and added channels etc. I then installed it on my laptop and tried the wizard. The problem is the wizard just sits and spins and never does complete. I am going to try to uninstall XBMC and reinstall, but has anyone ever run into this yet.?
    Hi, I'm a newbee in this program, as I understand is more then a program, I also had the same problem then you in first moment and I solve it. I install the XBMC in my Laptop - Vaio I5 second generation 6gb 720hd - after install it I just install the wizard and put it to run, but it just start and after a while it present to me a red circle. What I did? Just open the XBMC 2 times and reboot the laptop after that I run the wizzard and - voila!!! - it does work after 2 or 3 minuts it just show me a green arrow. I'm not familiar with the midia center but I will for shure.
    I hope this can help you and others that will install it for first time.
    Bone chance!!!!
    Enjoy,
    cenahum

Thanks
    Ok, so i am officially apologizing for my complete ignorance regarding the hub wizard not working.
    I did some thinking and it never occurred to me that perhaps it might be my Antivirus blocking the wizard from going online and allowing it to do what it needs to.
    Viola.....i rebooted the computer, disabled AV, ran the wizard and green check mark was in my sight...took about 4-5 mins.....

Again i apologize for my ignorance and asking ridiculous questions.

Thanks
    You might need to disable your antivirus while the wizard runs for a bit

Thanks
    I have the same problem...Unistalled xbmc deleted folder .Reinstalled started and stoped .Runing xbmc hub wizard always give the red icon ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast