• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks

Cool WatchSeries in Navi-X back to life!

So I was disappointed when I found out watchseries lost all their links and was going through "Changes" to become BTVGuide...

Thanks to some posters I found out about a mirror site that seems to have no intent on closing down and follows the previous format of watchseries (actually seems like a dated version as I had to downgrade some points on my previous scraper)

But I have brought it back online; with the new source!

It is currently being hosted at http://navix.site40.net/watchseries/home.plx

This is an updated version of my previous scraper and has some new little features, some optimizations and the PLX translation (which allows me to embed Playlists in the Navi-X official forum.)

It will be moved to http://navix.zapto.org/watchseries/home.plx when I have access to my Linux Box.

If you don't know how to add PLX's into Navi-X manually you can always access my scrapers by going to
    Navi-X Media Poral > User Lists -> User Lists -> DarkAngel -> DarkAngel Scrapers

Each of my scrapers have a footer link for Favoriting and Returning to the top of the scraper

Thanks
    OMG you're my savior!! Thank you so much for this, seriously. When they "moved" I was NOT THRILLED. Their new site is hard to navigate and is really utter crap. Please don't give up on this project. While, the site isn't totally working for me, I'm able to copy and paste things to find my way around, so thank you very very much. You're awesome.

Thanks
    I did some updates and now my script integrates with their native video rating system and you can rate video within Navi-X (and it will reflect both in my system and on their website.)

Please note there is also a 5 minute cache on the video host listings (with the percentage rating.) So votes may not be visible instantly.

This also generates the star rating visible in the bottom left (just under the thumbnail.) Making this the most implemented into Navi-X then anything I have done so far.

Thanks
    Great effort, but all I get is the words "Captcha bug" whenever I try one of the server links. Why would watch series.eu go down, change their name to BTVGuide and then not provide a new link to XBMC? And why doesn't someone at XBMC remove the old watch series channel completely, instead of just leaving its shell up there with all the dead links?

Thanks

WatchSeries in Navi-X back to life!

Quote Originally Posted by kamakiri View Post
    Great effort, but all I get is the words "Captcha bug" whenever I try one of the server links. Why would watch series.eu go down, change their name to BTVGuide and then not provide a new link to XBMC? And why doesn't someone at XBMC remove the old watch series channel completely, instead of just leaving its shell up there with all the dead links?
    May I suggest you do a little more reading about how the process works? Provide a link for XBMC??? The developers who are kind enough to do all this for for FREE, make addons to access the streams not the other way around. There are many hands in the pot, no ONE single person maintains XBMC (as you suggested). A lot of hard work from a lot of people make it happen. XBMC remove from the shell?? All the end users have the freedom to install and uninstall addons. You would actually be the one that would need to remove it. Uninstall watchseries.eu - problem solved! If you meant Navi-x and not XBMC, be patient. Since this is done for free and people maintaining navi-x have personal lives too - patience is needed for changes.

Hope this gives you some insight!
    Last edited by Kjxn; 02-03-2013 at 12:59 PM.
    Team XBMCHUB Moderator
    Start HERE*** Post a log HELP***
    Problems are to the mind what exercise is to the muscles, they toughen and make us stronger

Thanks
    Thanks Kjxn for backing me up while I was away, and the captcha bug exists in TV-Links.eu not in WatchSeries (but I'm facing a simular issue ATM so that is going to be pointing to my alt server until I can sort it out.)

As for the TV-Links... fine... I will work on implementing the Captcha in my code it pops up based on requests if a lot of requests are made the captcha pops up.

But watchseries is my priority right now because it has more content links then TV-Links, and I don't use BTV and NONE of the sites are affiliated with XBMC, although it might be mighty nice of them to setup a nice API if they are worried about bandwidth... but I doubt that will happen because they depend on the revenue generated by their (sometime shady) in site advertisements.

I have JUST NOW got back to my home server to work on things locally again for the first time in over 2.5 weeks...

Give me some time, plxkthx...

PS: I'm prioritizing this, even though I wanted to relax for a little bit and enjoy some XBMC on my HD screen in the comfort of my home in the first time in 2.5 weeks, so a thanks would be nice, or even if I fail to completely solve the problem a good effort would work too.
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 02-03-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Adding my duress...
    If anyone wishes to host any of my old NaviXtreme site scrapers please let me know, I'm not sure what codes are still working I have been without internet for what feels like ages and my servers have all been offline....

Thanks
    [UPDATES!]

TV-Links.eu
    This scraper now has a method for users to solve captcha within Navi-X, this is in Beta and my preliminary test passed (and effectivly disabling captcha temporarily.) But if anyone has trouble please email me the ID number in the description to the email address shown in the playlist.

WatchSeries.lt
    They has officially blacklisted my local IP so I can no longer gather final links on my main server. Also, my free server had flagged a CPU Limit yesterday morning effectively shutting down my WatchSeries scraper for an undetermined amount of time. I have resolved this by using my local server to gather everything minus the final media URL which will redirect to the free server. Which only media requests should not place me over the CPU limit.

And always happy viewing

-DarkAngel-
    If anyone wishes to host any of my old NaviXtreme site scrapers please let me know, I'm not sure what codes are still working I have been without internet for what feels like ages and my servers have all been offline....

Thanks
    love the feed and it's super quick, can hardly ever use default navi-x feeds anymore always timing out -- need any help with scrapers or anything?

Thanks
    Hello DarkAngel,

Love your scrapers. The watchseries one was working all the way up until last night and still does not work today, when you click on the letters, it just keeps loading the letters again. Solar doesnt work either. Are your servers down?

Thanks bud!

Thanks
    My server went down last night, it should have been back up however I noticed just now that when my server went down it didn't release the table locks on the DB [for caching,] it should be back online and working in a few when I get the tables functional again.

EDIT: Everything should be operational again, please let me know if you have any more troubles, I am aware however that some/most of the links in SolarMovie, are pointing to the embed page that some of the processors aren't equipped to handle. I have been meaning to go through and extract the media ID's and properly form link urls rather than the embeds but had never got to it yet.

It's my Birthday and I have to work a midnight shift [2200~0600], again, since I worked this morning as well. Happy Birthday to me <3!
    Last edited by DarkAngel; 05-11-2013 at 07:57 PM.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast