• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Thanks

Android vs Linux?

Curious as to how many people are on the Android version of the Pivos and have compared the two (Linux vs Android)? I'm finding this box admittedly a bit less stable than I'd have preferred (running Linux), and the constant CPU Usage of 40-55% I think it causing some lags in the menu response.

Just curious if people on the Android version are finding it more snappy (given the box is essentially built on an Android platform).

My former ATV2 was simply incredibly more smooth than the Pivos and considerably more stable. But I couldn't resist selling it for $270 a few days ago after having bought it for $100 a couple years back.

Anyhow, I'm sure the software implementation will get better but I'm just curious how people are finding the Android version?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pbxsd View Post
    Curious as to how many people are on the Android version of the Pivos and have compared the two (Linux vs Android)? I'm finding this box admittedly a bit less stable than I'd have preferred (running Linux), and the constant CPU Usage of 40-55% I think it causing some lags in the menu response.

Just curious if people on the Android version are finding it more snappy (given the box is essentially built on an Android platform).

My former ATV2 was simply incredibly more smooth than the Pivos and considerably more stable. But I couldn't resist selling it for $270 a few days ago after having bought it for $100 a couple years back.

Anyhow, I'm sure the software implementation will get better but I'm just curious how people are finding the Android version?
    I have both apple and pivos and have my pivos running actually as quick or quicker than the apple. I use a class4 16GB mSD card for all my userdata. I think it helps to format it in fat32 but with the large allocation size of 64 kb... that really helped speed up the gui menu response. it's very fast. and no stutters on the gui. it simply works right. if your using a class10 you might want to try a cheaper class4 with it formatted as mentioned above. I've used kingston, sandisk, and PNY, a couple of generic no-names off ebay and have found they're all quick when formatted that way. also running the PM3HD skin and it's very fast as well...but have tried others and they all seem to respond well.. I'm very pleased with the way my pivos has been running. there have been little bugs here and there but they seem to be taken care of fairly quickly at the pivos forum.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdogeh View Post
    I have both apple and pivos and have my pivos running actually as quick or quicker than the apple. I use a class4 16GB mSD card for all my userdata. I think it helps to format it in fat32 but with the large allocation size of 64 kb... that really helped speed up the gui menu response. it's very fast. and no stutters on the gui. it simply works right. if your using a class10 you might want to try a cheaper class4 with it formatted as mentioned above. I've used kingston, sandisk, and PNY, a couple of generic no-names off ebay and have found they're all quick when formatted that way. also running the PM3HD skin and it's very fast as well...but have tried others and they all seem to respond well.. I'm very pleased with the way my pivos has been running. there have been little bugs here and there but they seem to be taken care of fairly quickly at the pivos forum.

do you get buffering or errors when streaming HD movies?

Thanks
    I'm also using a class 4 16GB mSD card, but I found 32kb to work faster than 64kb for some reason, using Confluence.

I just find the unit freezes up relatively often, and the constant CPU usage of 40-60% at "idle" I'm sure doesn't help.

I might pick up one of these given the current discount .....

http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...8d8cl5fi3o1u47

Not sure if I just need one or not as there's an Amazon review that says "Be aware that this particular product is a single unit, so purchase at least two unless you are adding to an existing ASUS adapter". Havent used a powerline adapter before so not sure what htis means exactly (i.e., add an "ASUS adapter" or buy two units??).

In any event, I certainly know the folks at the Pivos forum are working their tails off on fixing issues. I was just curious if people have tried both the Android and Linux versions and their results.