• Login:

Welcome to the XBMC HUB FORUMS.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

UPDATE YOUR SPORTSDEVIL ADDON!

Thanks

ATV win 3.0 - did it before but trying it with a new hard drive

I was able to successfully create and apply an ATV usb patchstick, made in windows, on the original hard drive on the AVT1. I recently installed a Crystal HD Card (015) and a 1tb sata drive in the ATV and got it up and running with an crystalbuntu OS restore. It works fine as a stock ATV. But, I was trying to get XBMC and Nito back on it. I don't seem to have any luck re-applying the patchstick. I tried the image that I used the first time, tried making a fresh one and both of these I tried on different usb sticks or sd card/card reader combos. I made sure it was up to date, 3.0.2. and restored everything back to factory settings.

What I get is Tux riding the ATV at boot, it runs through some text and gets to a point where it is checking a lot of things. One line is "volume OSBoot appears to be OK." The next line is "error mounting OSBoot partition." Then "cannot umount /OSBoot/mnt: No such file or directory." THe next few line tell me to reboot and that my username and password are frontrow. The yellow light is still blinking after this. I've left it on for 5 minutes to half a hockey game. All I get is a reboot to the OS restore I did from crystalbuntu.

I may try Crystalbuntu 2.0 when the new tv gets here but I like being able to shut it down with Nito.

Any suggestions?

ATV Tech Support
    Thanks
    Nito TV can't be installed when you have cyrstalbuntu. Those errors. Look like the USB was not big enough make sure the USB is 4gb or more. And by shutting down ATv you can do that with power button on xbmc
    XML Sharing Window Is Closed, Don't PM ME

XML Of Arabic, Paki, or Tamil/Tenglu Support Visit http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/live-v...tml#post145833

School has started This Means Lots Of Homework

If you would like to donate to me you can through paypal: S_nasrah@hotmail.com DON'T SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS

Thanks
    thanks Crusader. Because I keep the ATV on a separate power strip, Nito and the power down option was the main reason for sticking with what I had (have on the original hard drive I took out.) I would just cut the power after it was powered down to turn it off. I've used the power button in XBMC a couple of times but, it looked like it just froze the system. Guess I'll try it out over again.

As for the USB sticks, I used the original stick (and the original image I made from it the first time) which was a 2gb but I've tried a couple of 4gb's and a 8gb's but it was the same results for all. It looked like there was only a 250mb partition and a bunch of free space. I used gparted to wipe all sticks first before creating patchsticks. Guess I'll buy another and try it over again.

ATV Tech Support
    Thanks
    What types of the usb are they? Sandisk, hp?

If nothing works i can do a teamviewer session to help you out.

XML Of Arabic, Paki, or Tamil/Tenglu Support Visit http://www.xbmchub.com/forums/live-v...tml#post145833

If you would like to donate to me you can through paypal: S_nasrah@hotmail.com DON'T SEND EMAILS TO THIS ADDRESS

Thanks
    I've used HP, Sandisk, Kingston, a cheap Patriot SD card w/reader and a 2gb Patriot usb stick (that't the one I used the first time last sept.) THey range from 2gb to 8gb (mostly) I'm gonna try a couple more times. If nothing happens right, I'm just gonna throw my old hard drive in til the new tv comes in and I install Crystalbuntu 2.0.

ATV Tech Support
    Thanks
    I can try a teamviewer session with you but im pretty sure you need a 4gb + disk and that harddrive needs to be inserted into the atv for this to work