Board index   FAQ   Search  
  Login

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMS FOR FUTURE POSTING. THIS FORUM REMAINS ONLINE FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES ONLY.

Board index VIDEO ADD-ONS IceFilms

Buffering Issues

Icefilms instantly turns your XBMC into a free on-demand media-center.
Stream and download to your library pure .avi scene releases, in DVD and HD720p quality
Browse and search the library of over 77,000 videos

Buffering Issues

Postby loveatv2 » Tue May 01, 2012 5:31 pm

Hey guys so I am running the latest Icefilms verson on a Windows 7 machine...I am having trouble playing 720p sources and also dvd sources sometimes. When i play a 720p source (game of thrones, vidhog) It starts and stays at 0% buffering for the longest time....so i click play and it starts for about 5 seconds and repeats. Now I ran a log....but it says, it saved to user/appdata/roaming/ folder...but there is no such path on my windows 7 machine.

Also I have advancedsettings.xml file in c:/program files/xbmc/addons folder...but in the sticky it says to put the file in:
Users\<your_user_name>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\
for a Windows 7 macine....but there is not such path on my computer.

So i cant find the .log file to help you guys on my computer because there is not usuer/appdata/roaming path on my computer.

Any help.
Thanks.
loveatv2

Re: Buffering Issues

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm

It's there, it's just hidden by default

Start->Run-> %appdata% -> Ok

There is nothing you can do about the buffering. It's been gone over at length in multiple sections if you want a deeper explanation.
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby loveatv2 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:51 pm

Oh Okay so buffering should be expected even with DVD sources?? I have only had issued with 720p sources in the past. Its not really buffering, it sits at 0% for the longest time and the source doesnt start, until i press play...So i shouldnt post a log file then lol?
loveatv2

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 pm

If it never goes beyond 0%, that usually means there's a connection limit. xbmc keeps retrying the connection, which is denied because the cooldown hasn't expired, so it tries again, lather, rinse, repeat. Back out of it, wait 5min, and try again, or try another source. Unfortunately, buffering and failed connections are a fact of life (even in paid cable TV systems, you just don't see it) and there isn't much anyone can do about it
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby Eldorado » Fri May 04, 2012 10:23 am

Also try this since your on a Win7 machine

When the video starts, on your keyboard hit the letter O key, this will bring up some debug type info on the video you are playing, on one of the lines shows your buffer file size.. if you notice it going slow, then you are just receiving the file slow.. hit play and watch what happens to your buffer size
Eldorado
DEV

Return to IceFilms