Board index   FAQ   Search  
  Login

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMS FOR FUTURE POSTING. THIS FORUM REMAINS ONLINE FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES ONLY.

Board index VIDEO ADD-ONS IceFilms

Download movie file through Icefilms on Apple TV

Icefilms instantly turns your XBMC into a free on-demand media-center.
Stream and download to your library pure .avi scene releases, in DVD and HD720p quality
Browse and search the library of over 77,000 videos

Download movie file through Icefilms on Apple TV

Postby usk78dk » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:03 am

Hi,

Because I have problems with fast forward/rewind in the movies, when I stream them, I sometimes think it would be easier just downloading the movie and then play it locally through XBMC. However i can't seem to get Icefilms to download anything. When I select the Rapidshare file and choose to download, nothing happens. When I try to use the Jdownloader, I get a script error.

Is it possible to get this to work on Apple TV 2?

I have the Apple Software 4.4.4, XBMC Eden 11.0 - BETA2 and the Icefilms 1.0.24 installed.
usk78dk

Re: Download movie file through Icefilms on Apple TV

Postby mikey1234 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:35 am

change your settings in the icefilm addon to "download and watch" or add the advancedsettings.xml and pause what your watching as it will download while you watch either or.........
mikey1234
INVOLVED USER

Postby usk78dk » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:13 am

Hi,
Can't seem to find this setting in the Icefilms Add-on on the Apple TV. Further it sounds like I have to watch it or pause it for downloading it.
Isn't there a way on the Apple TV to just get Icefilms to Download it, while I'm using the XBMC for something else?

For the advancedsettings.xml thing, I guess you talking about thanging the cache limited to '0'. Is it confirmed that this works with the Apple TV? Also I'm concerned about using all the RAM on it. A movie file is rather large and if Icefilms uses 3 MB for each 1 MB cached, it seems to me like I qwuickly would get a memory issue.
usk78dk

Postby usk78dk » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:10 pm

I have now tried to install XBMC on my PC. Here, I can downlaod both from 2S and RS. However, while the file is downloading, the XBMC is "locked" to this and can't be used for anything else - Is there a solution to this?

When I try to download from my Apple TV nothign happens.

If I try to use JDownloader, I get a script error on both the PC and the Apple TV, but to be honest I don't know anything about what JDownloader actually is. I have tried to search the web and have found out that it's some sort of download manager program, but i have the JDownloader add-on installed on my XBMCs. Isn't this enough or should I have some sort of server running, which these add-ons connect to? If so, does anyone have a link to tell me more about this.
usk78dk

Postby alwaysbless » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:21 pm

You need to install Jdownloader on your pc/mac also and enable the remote function on it.. and do a port forward for jdownloader @ 10025-10025
alwaysbless
INVOLVED USER

Postby crawl » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:42 pm

The ATV2 does not allow you to save anything to an external network share due to an existing limitation. So that really limits downloading with the ATV2. You can save a file to the ATV directly, and use jDownloader to copy the downloaded movie from the ATV2 to a network share. But due to the limited amount of memory available on ATV2, sometimes that's not even possible with a really large file.
crawl

Postby usk78dk » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:06 pm

So if I gets this right, the following is the case;

If I choose normal download on my Apple TV it should work, if I have set my download folder to a place locally on the Apple TV, right?
But with both the PC and the Apple TV this will block the XBMC until the download has completed?

If I choose the JDownloader, it has to be setup to connect to a computer where the JDownloader - both for the PC and the Apple TV - right?
usk78dk

Return to IceFilms