Board index   FAQ   Search  
  Login

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMS FOR FUTURE POSTING. THIS FORUM REMAINS ONLINE FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES ONLY.

Board index VIDEO ADD-ONS IceFilms

Icefilms always buffering?

Icefilms instantly turns your XBMC into a free on-demand media-center.
Stream and download to your library pure .avi scene releases, in DVD and HD720p quality
Browse and search the library of over 77,000 videos

Icefilms always buffering?

Postby agepag » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 pm

So last week I was able to watch tv and movies on my apple tv without any problems. For the past few days every time I try and watch something it buffers? I watch about 5 mins then I have to wait. Is there something I can do to fix this.
agepag

Re: Icefilms always buffering?

Postby agepag » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:05 pm

No one? Well last night I tried to watch Hostel 3 with Rapid share and again just wants to buffer every 5 mins. I gave up and tried 2 share and it worked no problem. I am still perplexed with the buffering issue. My Apple tv is hardwired to the modem and has the latest version of ice films. I tried to clear my cookies on my laptop, any other suggestions?
agepag

Postby MarkRich » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:19 am

There are many threads on this issue. Please search first. Buffering is nothing to do with the addon. It's connection, source load or throttling. Nothing can be done about it via the addon other than installing the AdvancedSettings.xml that may help.
MarkRich
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby agepag » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Ok i will try and search, the reason I posted a thread is when I did a search on "buffering" it gave me the message that it was to common of a word. My internet connection has no throttling and the connection speed is the same, I checked again this morning. The funny thing is it was working fine up until last week, I had 4 apple tv's jail broken for me and my friends, 2 of us using acanac and 2 using bell, everybody is if except me? Maybe I will look into the advancesettings, I will do a search on it. Thanks and if there's anything else you could think of please post it up.
agepag

Postby Eldorado » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:10 pm

I'm getting buffering from almost every addon and every filesharing source right now.. the megaupload take down is having a VERY big impact it seems
Eldorado
DEV

Postby agepag » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:16 pm

Well I took my apple TV to my mothers house and it works perfectly, so I guess its my ISP
agepag

Postby MarkRich » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 pm

It's not your ISP that throttles. This has been covered thoroughly by many admins here even. It's the fact that all of the servers that host these sources are overseas. The transatlantic connection is where throttling happens. Nothing can be done here from addon point of view.

It's a hit or miss IMO. I have some stuff play fine on Friday night, 0 buffering, but then last night I had some buffering issues. Take what you can get.
MarkRich
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby agepag » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:02 pm

Ok I guess I understand but i'm in Ontario Canada and my isp is acanac, they have been really good and they do not throttle. Back when the big 2, rogers and bell were offering high speed dsl I went with Acanac for the reason they did not throttle or cap your downloads. The funny thing is this all started about 1 week ago and I had 4 apple tv's jail broken for me, 2 of us use acanac and the other 2 use bell (my mother being one with bell) and she has no problems. When I brought my apple tv to her home today and tried ice films, I opened inkmaster and tried to watch the last episode, its begins to buffer and goes from 0% to 20 to 96 and then bam it works, where as at my house it starts at 0% and then slowly goes to 2-3-4-5-6 and it takes so long I just press play and I can watch for about 1-2 mins before it starts to buffer again. I have come to the conclusion it has to be either my modem/router or my internet, my speed test is good and I can watch everything else besides icefilms, so this is really making me scratch my head?
agepag

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:11 pm

YOUR isp may not throttle, but the traffic doesn't stay on your network the whole time. It passes through several different providers and backbones before arriving at the server, then make the trip back, possibly through a completely different set of providers, one of which is almost guaranteed to be Ma Bell who absolutely throttles traffic.

Does that mean that throttling is 100% of your buffering problems? No. There are literally thousands of possible reasons for your stream to have to stop and buffer.

Also, just a tip, if you let if buffer to 100% (or at least until your cache is full), it'll probably play all the way through without buffering again. Starting it prematurely like that won't save any time since you're still receiving the information at the same rate. The buffering process just lets you do it up front all at once instead of stopping every 1-2 minutes to wait for more information to come down the pipe.
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby MarkRich » Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:13 pm

Agreed. Icefilms I usually have 0 issues with buffering, it's the other addons that I have to let buffer. If they don't start playing instantly, let it sit until it starts playing. Hitting Play early usually does no good for me.
MarkRich
XBMC HUB TEAM

Next

Return to IceFilms