Board index   FAQ   Search  
  Login

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMS FOR FUTURE POSTING. THIS FORUM REMAINS ONLINE FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES ONLY.

Board index (General) Video Add-Ons

Script failed: script common plugin cache

Here you will find many other video add-ons that will be without a support forum. Many of our devs are multi talented.

Script failed: script common plugin cache

Postby monrealli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Hi, first of all thx for this forum. Each time i open xbmc it gives me this error = 'Script failed: script common plugin cache' . What's the impact of this?

Thx
monrealli

Re: Script failed: script common plugin cache

Postby Hakeem597 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:00 am

Try clearing your Database file under System>File Manager>Database>DELETE EVERYTHING IN THIS FOLDER. Then reboot XBMC.
Hakeem597

Postby monrealli » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:31 am

I'm on atv2 there is no such option in atv2 itself. And i got in with cyverduck, only place i see database
is under library/preferences/xbmc/userdata. I wont clear that database :)

there is a commoncache.db 0 byte in there. Also have the plugin under services, do you guys have that? Is it just better to remove that plugin?

thx
monrealli

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:53 am

That's the right place. Just delete the commoncache.db though. It's safe to delete everything in that folder as it'll be rebuilt on startup, but if you delete the video db it'll have to rebuild your whole library
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby monrealli » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Thx, i tried earlier by just deleting the commoncache file, still error when i start xbmc. I just disabled the addon from services. You heard about this addon?
monrealli

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm

It's used by several other addons (including Icefilms) to temporarily store information and reduce the necessary load on web servers
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby monrealli » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

I enabled it back, fixed the error with icefilm. I can load icefilm now, but scripts fails when i try to load any stream.

All was fine yesterday, even with that error on comon cache. Whic version you have for common cache plugin?
monrealli

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:28 pm

You can get the latest here http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/eden/
But I don't think version is the problem
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby Hakeem597 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:01 am

You do not need to ssh into apple tv to do this. Look at my previous response to your question. This file is located within xbmc itself. Access xbmc. Go to system. Go to file manager. Go to profiles. Go to database. Long press the menu button on the apple tv remote. Select edit everything. Then delete. Restart xbmc. I recommend you just reboot apple tv. The great thing about the latest release of Eden is that the developers kept atv2 users in mind. No need to ssh to clear the database unless xbmc won't start.
Hakeem597

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:35 am

Certain skins also have the option to disable file renaming and deletion, so you might need to find and toggle that as well
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Next

Return to (General) Video Add-Ons