Board index   FAQ   Search  
  Login

PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW FORUMS FOR FUTURE POSTING. THIS FORUM REMAINS ONLINE FOR ARCHIVE PURPOSES ONLY.

Board index 1Channel.ch

add-on does not have correct structure - on ATV2

Yet another new add-on with many great links, and full libraries. This is a great plugin and worth looking into.

add-on does not have correct structure - on ATV2

Postby zed75771 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:12 am

I am a novice at this, but I've successfully installed several repos with no problem, but I am stumped with the one for 1Channel.ch -- I've searched the forums and and didn't find anyone with this problem for 1Channel. I installed from zip Eldorado's repo and it works fine, but I try doing the same with the one for 1Channel and I get this message: "add-on does not have correct structure" I'm not sure why it's happening. I have an ATV2 using Eden beta2. I tried a fresh install of xbmc to no avail. Everything else that I've installed seems to work fine. I would really like to make use of 1Channel, I'm just stumped. The only thing different that happens with this repo, is when I download it from the link it unzips. None of the other repos have done that before.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
zed75771

Re: add-on does not have correct structure - on ATV2

Postby Bstrdsmkr » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:03 am

never seen or heard that before. If the files are still in the repo, try just zipping it back up?
Bstrdsmkr
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby tuxen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 am

Bstrdsmkr and I made some modifications around 3-5 am this morning (for me) to both eliminate the Eldorado step and prepare for the next release which is a big one but I think that it is very unlikely that you hit a bad time spot (files where only unavailable for a few seconds) when you tried; it's much more likely that you got a bad zip got inpatient, registered here and complained instead of trying again. Because all files are sane and has been tested many times.

Best regards tuxen
tuxen
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby tuxen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:19 am

Oh you're still up.. Good morning. :) I managed to get a few hours of sleep after all.
tuxen
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby tuxen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:37 am

Just managed to try from scratch again before going to work.
And there is absolutely no problems at all! So it must be your zip file or you just being very inpatient.
tuxen
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby Set845 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:18 am

zed75771 wrote:I am a novice at this, but I've successfully installed several repos with no problem, but I am stumped with the one for 1Channel.ch -- I've searched the forums and and didn't find anyone with this problem for 1Channel. I installed from zip Eldorado's repo and it works fine, but I try doing the same with the one for 1Channel and I get this message: "add-on does not have correct structure" I'm not sure why it's happening. I have an ATV2 using Eden beta2. I tried a fresh install of xbmc to no avail. Everything else that I've installed seems to work fine. I would really like to make use of 1Channel, I'm just stumped. The only thing different that happens with this repo, is when I download it from the link it unzips. None of the other repos have done that before.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've seen this problem before. Are you using Safari to download the zip? If so make sure that "Open safe files after downloading" is unchecked in Safari General Preferences.
Set845

Postby xcalibrate » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:39 am

I've seen this before also, and it occured when I first installed this plugin way back when it required the dependencies - which I had forgot to install. It shouldn't occur with the latest Repo version though and doesn't with another aTV that I recently tested it on. Then again, i could just be confusing this with another plugin problem recently but I'm fairly sure that it was 1channel but I have drunk many a whiskey since then so I could be talking out of that place where the sun don't often shine. :D
xcalibrate

Postby tuxen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:13 pm

There is absolutely nothing wrong with structure of the file. The only reason this can happen if the zip file breaks while downloading which the setting in safari that set845 mentions would do. Or rather it unzips it which it is not supposed to do. You should have a unzipped file called "repository.bstrdsmkr-0.0.2.zip" with the size of 31.228 bytes after you have downloaded it.
tuxen
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby tuxen » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:17 pm

xcalibrate wrote:I've seen this before also, and it occured when I first installed this plugin way back when it required the dependencies - which I had forgot to install. It shouldn't occur with the latest Repo version though and doesn't with another aTV that I recently tested it on. Then again, i could just be confusing this with another plugin problem recently but I'm fairly sure that it was 1channel but I have drunk many a whiskey since then so I could be talking out of that place where the sun don't often shine. :D

You are confusing things.. ;) The repository file does not require any dependencies to be installed.
tuxen
XBMC HUB TEAM

Postby zed75771 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm

tuxen wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with structure of the file. The only reason this can happen if the zip file breaks while downloading which the setting in safari that set845 mentions would do. Or rather it unzips it which it is not supposed to do. You should have a unzipped file called "repository.bstrdsmkr-0.0.2.zip" with the size of 31.228 bytes after you have downloaded it.

I am not impatient and I am not saying there is anything wrong with the zip. I downloaded it on Saturday several times with no success. I tried it a number of times each day since with the same result. I downloaded it using Firefox not Safari, the zip file has the name you've listed but was 30.5KB, immediately after downloading it unzipped. I tried zipping the file back up myself and using the same name and that still didn't work.

I posted the question after several days of trying and it not working for me. I know that the file is right as no one else is experiencing the issue. What I was looking for was a suggestion of what/how else to try it.

Thank you.
zed75771

Next

Return to 1Channel.ch